- Northern Areas: Home to some of the world’s highest peaks, including K2, and breathtaking landscapes like the Hunza Valley and Fairy Meadows.
- Attabad Lake: A stunning turquoise lake in Hunza, known for its serene beauty and boating experiences.
- Skardu: Nestled in the Gilgit-Baltistan region, offering picturesque landscapes, serene lakes, and trekking opportunities to Deosai Plains, known as the Land of Giants.
- Mohenjo-Daro: Explore the ruins of one of the world’s earliest urban settlements in the Indus Valley Civilization.
- Taxila: An ancient archaeological site, which was a significant centre of Buddhist learning.
- Rohtas Fort: A 16th-century fortress near Jhelum, displaying the early Islamic architectural
- Lahore: Known as the cultural heart of Pakistan, with landmarks like the Lahore Fort, Badshahi Mosque, and vibrant food streets.
- Karachi: The bustling metropolis offers diverse cultural, shopping, and dining experiences.
- Sufi Shrines: Experience the spiritual ambiance at the shrines of Sufi saints, like the Shahbaz Qalandar in Sehwan.
- Kartarpur Corridor: A unique border crossing linking two Sikh shrines across India and Pakistan. It’s notable for its visa-free access, facilitating pilgrimages to Gurdwara Darbar Sahib, the final resting place of Guru Nanak Dev. This corridor stands as a symbol of cooperation between the two countries, catering to the religious sentiments of the Sikh community.
- Street Food: Savor the diverse flavors of Pakistani cuisine, including dishes like biryani, kebabs, and nihari.
- Sweets and Desserts: Don’t miss traditional sweets like gulab jamun, jalebi, and barfi.
- Tea Culture: Enjoy a cup of chai, an integral part of Pakistani hospitality.
- Trekking and Hiking: Venture into the northern areas for world-class trekking trails.
- Jeep Safaris: Explore the rugged terrain of the northern mountains and deserts.
- Water Sports: Engage in activities like rafting and kayaking in the northern rivers.
Tips for Travelers
- Dress Conservatively: Respect local customs and dress modestly
- Learn Basic Urdu Phrases: Enhance your experience by communicating with locals in their language.
- Safety and Travel Advisories: Stay updated with the latest travel advisories and local news for a safe trip.
Future Fest has been an amazing experience; we met so many local startups and ecosystem players. We have been able to discover how to softland our company Takadao in Pakistan – the opportunity is massive, we see that there’s a huge young population who is interested in knowing how we build our Takaful insurance company and also in adopting our solution when we launch in Pakistan.
~ Morrad Irsane, CEO & Co-founder, Takadao
We’ve seen very diverse audience and had interesting conversations and meetings with many Pakistani companies. Future Fest is an amazing event and we look forward to attending more editions in the future. It is an extraordinary platform to attract international companies looking to do business in Pakistan and also international companies looking to outsource work.
~ Wael Abdulmoty Mohammed Hussain, COO, Hala Payments
It’s the first time for me and my team visiting Pakistan. It’s been a wonderful experience. We’ve met hundreds of people. We’ve learned a lot about the Pakistani ecosystem and the edtech vertical, the industry we’re in. This visit has been a great validation that we should be visiting Pakistan again. I would like to thank Future Fest and our partners at DCO for this incredible opportunity.
~ Khalid Abou Kassem, Founder & CEO, AlGooru